- Elevation: 1063 feet
- : 41.0918, -74.2154
- County: Bergen
- Ownership: public
- Owner: Ringwood State Park
- Trail Map: NYNJTC North Jersey Trails #115
- Topo Map: Acme Mapper
- Nearest Higher Neighbor: Drag Hill, 0.541 miles.
Other Members Who Have Climbed Rocky Mountain
- Anthony Lipovsky (trip report)
- Anthony Olivari
- Brian Lubbert
- Brom Vermeulen (trip report)
- David Verchow
- Dennis Schvejda (trip report)
- Doug Weiss
- Eric Koppel (trip report)
- George Grzyb (trip report)
- Gregory Bubniak (trip report)
- Jeff Bennett
- John Bialek
- jon (trip report)
- Karen Englander (trip report)
- Mark Jones (trip report)
- Mark Ladolcetta (trip report)
- Ralph Bressler (trip report)
- SoloJoe (trip report)
- Tina Schvejda
- William Maurer (Hoosier) (trip report)
Description: Rocky Mountain is one of the finest trailless summits in the New Jersey Ramapos. A cairn has been constructed at the summit and prospective 1K'ers are encouraged to contribute one rock to it. The actual summit of Rocky Mountain does not have much of a view but a few steps Southeast of the summit reveals a slab of rock with Eastward views of North Jersey and Manhattan.
The photograph above was taken from the North shore of Bear Swamp Lake.
Special Note: Matty Price hill, a sub-1000'er near Rocky, offers splendid views.