- Elevation: 1164 feet
- : 41.1209, -74.2004
- County: Bergen
- Ownership: public
- Owner: Ramapo Valley County Reservation
- Trail Map: NYNJTC North Jersey Trails #115
- Topo Map: Acme Mapper
- Nearest Higher Neighbor: Big Beech Mountain, 5.81 miles.
Other Members Who Have Climbed Bald Mountain
- Anthony Lipovsky (trip report)
- Anthony Olivari (trip report)
- Brian Lubbert
- Brom Vermeulen (trip report)
- Damien Bialek
- Dennis Schvejda (trip report)
- Eric Koppel (trip report)
- George Grzyb (trip report)
- Gregory Bubniak (trip report)
- Hayley (trip report)
- Jeff Bennett
- John Bialek
- John Kopp (trip report)
- Karen Englander (trip report)
- Mark Jones (trip report)
- Michael (Mike) Schwartz
- Mike Waltz (trip report)
- Ralph Bressler (trip report)
- Rui Rodrigues
- Tina Schvejda
- William Maurer (Hoosier) (trip report)
Description: Bald Mountain is the highest mountain in the New Jersey Ramapos and Bergen County, but it does not offer any summit views.
There are no marked trails to the top but there is an access road for the summit's radio tower. Just below the summit there is a cluster of ruins that appears to be a popular spot for local revelry.
The climb up Bald Mountain, like the climbs up the other Ramapo High Peaks, requires over 800' of vertical gain when begun from one of the Ramapo River trailheads. The most interesting climb up Bald Mountain is via the valley of the Stag Hill Brook. Though Bald Mountain itself doesn't offer views, there are many ledges and summits in the Ramapos which do.
The photograph above was taken from the viewpoint on Ilgenstein Rock.